Tee Times Required for All Play
The golf course will officially open for the 2020 golf season on Friday and we hope that many of you will find some respite in being able to walk and enjoy the game we love. With the challenging environment we all are experiencing, though, there are a number of regulations that must be followed and they are listed here.
The full list of regulations set by the State of Rhode Island for all golf facilities during the current COVID-19 crisis is shown below.
- All players (members and/or guests) must be Rhode Island residents
- The clubhouse, golf shop and bag room will remain closed.
- All groups must be of 4 players or less and must have a tee time
- Players must stay in their car until 5 minutes before their time, then proceed directly to the tee to start their round
- The practice green, practice range, and short-game area remain closed
- Golf carts are not allowed for any play
- Pushcarts are allowed but must be brought by the players--no rental carts are allowed/available. Also, please be cognizant of where you park the pushcart/place your bag---they MUST not be placed /parked on the surface of any putting green as they can cause damage.
- Players must use their own clubs and can not share clubs.
- Flagsticks will not be used in order to eliminate "touchpoints" on the golf course
As can be seen above, all groups must book a tee time. Tee times can be booked on the member portion of the club website (www.kirkbrae.com) up to seven days in advance. This is true for all days of the week--including weekends. "Walk-in" groups are not allowed.
Tee time intervals are set at 15-minutes. Member golf classifications will not be in effect at this time, so all members will be able to book a tee time for any day, any time on a first come, first serve basis.
Online tee sheets for this weekend are currently live on the website. Tee times are limited to one per member (do not book multiple times on the same day) and we ask that if you do have to cancel online or contact me via email to do so in order to free up the tee time for someone else.
Also, for the time being, all guest fees have been set at $30 per guest. This fee applies to both guests and social members and will be billed to the corresponding member account. Guest names must be entered online when booking a tee time.
Tee markers will be placed in their normal positions and scores can be posted to the GHIN system by using the GHIN app. Please take a moment to download it to your smartphone and/or tablet and sign in using your GHIN number. If you need your GHIN number, please reach out and we can send that to you via email. Paper scorecards will not be distributed nor accepted--all scoring will be digital.
As mentioned, in order to eliminate any "touchpoints" on the course, flagsticks will not be used for the time being. Hole liners have been raised and a ball is considered to be holed when it has struck the liner. For score posting purposes, please follow the Most Likely Score guidelines of the USGA as seen here:
In order for players to be aware of the position of the hole, a "pin sheet" will be made whenever the hole locations are moved. A copy of the pin sheet will be posted on #1 and #10 tee so players may take a picture of it and use it for their round.
While we understand that many of these rules are not part of the normal member experience here at the club, please rest assured that they are all designed with the best interests, health, and safety of our members, guests and staff in mind.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and I look forward to seeing everyone on the course!!